Widener University Commonwealth Law School, Harrisburg, PA, J.D., 1995
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, B.A., Psychology, 1991
Professional certifications and approvals
Credentialed as a Certified Fraud Examiner by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Approved and certified panel arbitrator for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Compulsory Arbitration Center
Approved and certified panel arbitrator for the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas
Awards / Recognitions
Selected as 2005 and 2006 Pennsylvania Rising Star
Public Speaking Engagements
Course planner and speaker at legal seminar titled “Bankruptcy Options for the Mom and Pop Shops”, hosted by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute for its 16th Annual Bankruptcy Institute, Philadelphia, PA, October, 2011.
Course planner and speaker for CLE presentation delivered at Pennsylvania Bar Institute annual bankruptcy forum in October, 2015. Course titled: Top Ten Tax Issues Lawyers Face When Preparing Bankruptcies for Small Businesses and Individuals.
Faculty speaker for a continuing education class titled “Small Business, Big Problems, Issues for the Small Business Bankruptcy” sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and held on March 31, 2017 in Philadelphia, PA.
Dimitri L. Karapelou has the pleasure and distinction of serving as counsel in numerous jurisdictions and courts. He is committed to maintaining a diverse and robust practice for his clients.
Jurisdictions of Admission and Practice
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court District New Jersey
- United States District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court Southern District of New York
- United States District Court Eastern District of New York
- United States Court Appeals Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals Third Circuit