The Law Offices of Dimitri L. Karapelou, LLC was founded in 2010 and is now proud to be starting its 12th year of business. Mr. Karapelou began his practice in 1995 and has stayed loyal to Philadelphia and its local businesses for almost 25 consecutive years, making a name for himself as a highly reputable bankruptcy lawyer. Mr. Karapelou and his team receive cases on a referral basis, and their experience is often the reason they are selected as counsel.
- Successfully reorganized operating businesses in Chapter 11 in various industries: real estate development, construction, retail, restaurant, hospitality, manufacturing, and personal services.
- Successfully completed chapter 11 cases for real estate development companies involving sale of properties by auction/private sale or refinancing/restructuring claims of largest secured creditors.
- Counsel for bankruptcy trustees in lawsuits involving claims of fraudulent transfer, preference, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representation of individuals and businesses (debtor and creditor) in bankruptcy litigation involving claims of non-dischargeability, preference, fraudulent conveyance, bankruptcy fraud, common law fraud, lien avoidance, lien priority disputes, request for injunctive relief, and other complex matters.
- Representation of plaintiffs in complex litigation: professional malpractice; real estate/title disputes; and shareholder lawsuits concerning management/ownership of company.
- Representation of individuals/business owners in complex personal bankruptcy who have discharged substantial business debts through the chapter 7 process while maintaining ownership of key assets.
- Representation of individuals/business owners in chapter 13 cases having high debt levels due to taxes and business debts.